Ready. Set. Get outside!
Asheville is home to some of the most premier hiking, paddling, climbing, biking, and backpacking on the East coast. Outdoor Programs offers a wide variety of outdoor adventure trips, workshops, clinics and trainings. No experience is necessary for any of our offerings. We will provide all transportation, essential equipment and highest quality instruction. Come share your next adventure with UNC Asheville's Outdoor Programs. Human powered adventure is at the heart of what we do!
- Visit Outdoor Leadership Training Program to learn more about OLTP, the Outdoor Leadership Class offered in conjunction with the Department of Heath and Wellness.
- Visit our Trip Calendar for info on upcoming trips and workshops. Contact us at email@example.com with questions.
- Visit Ski Info to learn more about Ski Shuttles.
Current Adventure Schedule
|1/24 @ 4 p.m.||Cataloochee Ski Shuttle||1/23 @ 10 a.m^||$35+|
|1/26 @ 10:30 a.m.||Sugar Mountain Ski Shuttle||1/24 @ 10 a.m.||$60+|
|1/31 @ 4 p.m.||Cataloochee Ski Shuttle||1/30 @ 10 a.m.^||$35+|
|2/2 @ 9 a.m.||Caving||1/31 @ 10 a.m.||$40|
|2/7 @ 4 p.m.||Cataloochee Ski Shuttle||2/6 @ 10 a.m.^||$35+|
|2/8 @ 10:30 a.m.||Sugar Mountain Ski Shuttle - Only International and Transition Students||2/6 @ 10 a.m.||$60+|
|2/14 @ 9 a.m.||Day Hike||2/13 @ 10 a.m.||$15|
|2/15 @ 9 a.m.||Caving||2/13 @ 10 a.m.||$40|
|2/23 @ 10:30 a.m.||Sugar Mountain Ski Shuttle||2/6 @ 10 a.m.||$60+|
|2/28 @ 4 p.m.||Cataloochee Ski Shuttle||2/27 @ 10 a.m.^||$35+|
|2/29 @ 9 a.m.||Day Hike||3/17 @ 10 a.m.||$15|
|3/20 @ TBD||Goat Yoga||3/19 @ 10 a.m.||$TBD|
|3/21 @ 9 a.m.||Bouldering||3/19 @ 10 a.m.||$15|
|3/22 @ 9 a.m.||Greenway Biking||3/20 @ 10 a.m.||$15|
|3/27 @ 4 p.m.||Mountain Top Yoga||3/26 @ 10 a.m.||$10|
|3/28 @ 9 a.m.||Whitewater Kayaking 101*||3/26 @ 10 a.m.||$30|
|3/29 @ 9 a.m.||Rock Climbing 101||3/27 @ 10 a.m.||$30|
|4/4 @ 11 a.m.||Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP)||4/2 @ 10 a.m.||$15|
|4/5 @ 9 a.m.||Bouldering||4/3 @ 10 a.m.||$15|
|4/10 @ 7 p.m.||Stargazing||4/9 @ 10 a.m.||$10|
|4/12 @ 9 a.m.||Rock Climbing 101||4/10 @ 10 a.m.||$30|
|4/17 @ 11 a.m.||Mountain Mindfulness||4/16 @ 10 a.m.||$10|
|4/18 @ 9 a.m.||Mountain Biking 101||4/16 @ 10 a.m.||$30|
|4/19 @ 9 a.m.||Whitewater Kayaking 101*||4/16 @ 10 a.m.||$30|
|4/25 @ 9 a.m.||Rock Climbing 101||4/23 @ 10 a.m.||$30|
|4/25 @ TBD||Fly Fishing||4/20 @ 5 p.m.|
|4/26 @ 11 a.m.||Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP)||4/23 @ 10 a.m.||$15|
Trips marked with an asterisk (*) will have a mandatory pre-trip meeting at 5 p.m. on the Thursday preceeding the trip.
All Cataloochee Ski Shuttles (labled with ^) require registration by the Tuesday preceeding the trip if you are purchasing a package with a lesson.
How do I register?
Step 1: Register
Outdoor Trip Registration is now open for Spring 2020!
- Once completed, you will receive a confirmation email from Eventbrite and Outdoor Programs Trip Staff.
- Questions? Please contact us at 828.250.3828 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Pay
Make payment to seal the deal! Due by registration deadline.
- Use credit card online only. Cash or check accepted in the Outdoors Office, SRC 204, noon - 4 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- All cancellations subject to non-refundable $5 administrative fee.
- Ski Shuttles: registration and payment both due the Monday before your trip by 12 p.m.
Step 3: Complete Forms
Complete the required participant trip form, submit at the Outdoors Office, SRC 204, before your trip date.
- Health and Medical Form
- Forms are filed for the academic year. Each Fall, new Health and Medical forms must be completed.
What if I don't have the gear?
All essential technical gear and equipment is supplied. We do ask that your provide your own lunch and athletic clothing. Other than that we've got you covered!
Who will be leading the trip and how qualified are they?
UNC Asheville students facilitate most trips. In order to be a head trip leader, staff must have completed a Wilderness First Responder course and successfully completed the semester-long trip leadership program.
What if I have never been outside before and am terrified of the woods and getting dirty?
Perfect! Let us introduce you to a new outdoor adventure sport. You're the person we want to take outside. Trust us; it's not as bad as you think!
What do I need to do to prepare for the trip?
- Complete the Health & Medical Form and turn it in to the Outdoors Office, Student Recreation Center room 204, before the trip.
- Pay the registration fees
- Attend the pre-trip meeting if applicable
- Complete the 4-Part Risk & Liability Agreement - This will be completed at the start of your trip with your trip leaders. Risks and hazards will be explained.
Requests for Accommodations
If you have a request for accommodation please complete the online form to request accommodation or speak with Silvia Meyer (828-250-3864) at least 5 days prior to your trip.