Karl Straus Track
The Karl Straus Track is an eight-lane, 400-meter track located behind the Student Recreation Center. This space is used by the Athletics Department for Track and Field team practice and the Health and Wellness Department.
The track is available for use during operational hours by current Onecard and Recreation pass-holders, unless classes or athletic teams are utilizing the space.
The Student Recreation Center Indoor Track, located on the upper level at the back of the building, is a 1/10 mile track (10 laps = 1 mile). It is available for use during operational hours by current Onecard and Recreation pass-holders. This space is also used for academic classes for the Health and Wellness Department and will not be available for general use during those times. Daily directional signs are posted on the outside doors. Access to this space requires a current Onecard or Recreation pass.
Indoor Track Rules and Regulations:
- Onecards are required
- Academic classes have priority of scheduling space at all times
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Student Recreation Center, with the exception of water.
- Pets are not allowed in the facility.
- Roller blades or wheeled objects are not allowed.
- Tennis shoes only. No bare feet or hard-sole shoes are allowed.
- Shirts required.
- Alcohol, drugs and tobacco products are prohibited.
- Headphones must be used with all personal music devices.
- Profanity will not be tolerated.
The Student Recreation Center Intramural Field is located in the center of the Karl Strauss Track behind the Student Recreation Center. The field is a 100 yard-by-65 yard space used by Intramural Sports and Sport Club practice and is closed to general use during those times. During inclement weather the field is closed. Rules are enforced by the Campus Recreation Department at all times. The facility schedule is placed on the exit door of the Student Recreation Center by the racquetball courts. This facility space is available for general use during operational hours and requires a current Onecard or Recreation pass.