The UNC Asheville Campus Recreation Swim Lesson Program is designed to promote aquatic safety and progression through private and semi-private instruction. All lessons are taught by student instructors with a consistent model of progression in mind. Lessons can be catered towards both youth and adults. All lessons will take place at the Student Recreation Center Pool.
Registration will be open on Wednesday, August 22nd.
Private Swim Lessons
|Swim Lesson Package||Current Students||OneCard Holder||Community Member|
Private swim lessons allow participants to receive one-on-one instruction aimed at meeting individual goals. Private swim lessons allow scheduling sessions at times that fit your busy life.
- Ages 4 and up
- Register Here for 30 minute private lessons
Semi-Private Swim Lessons
|Swim Lessons Package||Current Student||OneCard Holder||Community Member|
*Prices are per participant
Semi-private swim lessons are designed to allow participants instruction in a small group setting with the ability to schedule lessons that fit your busy life.
- Ages 4 and up
- Semi-private lessons will not be randomly selected; groups must register together.
- Register here for 30 minute semi-private lessons
Scheduling & Refunds
- Lesson schedules are determined between instructor and responsible party for participant.
- All lessons must occur during open/lap swim times.
- Swim lesson refunds are handled on a case-by-case scenario. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
- Swim lesson packages expire 6 months after date of purchase.
Please Note: Recreation members are required to follow all parking regulations set forth by the UNC Asheville Department of Public Safety. This includes but is not limited to parking in the correct lots and spaces. The Campus Recreation Department is not responsible for tickets incurred by members.
- No children younger than 4 years old are permitted in the pool.
- Children ages 4-15 must be supervised by parent/guardian at all times.
- Infants and toddlers must wear appropriate attire and diapers at all times.
- Pool use requires the use of approved swimming diapers.
- If child is wearing a floatation device, it must be U.S. Coast Guard Approved and must have a parent/guardian within arm’s reach in the pool.
- Children ages 4-15 must pass swim test to swim without parent/guardian in the pool.
- Must be at least 16 years to be unsupervised in pool with dependent membership.