Campus Recreation Student Employees
Thank you for your time, dedication and attention to detail during your work with the Campus Recreation Department. We are excited you are here and recognize that we ask a great deal of you while working with us for your fellow students. These webpages were designed with you in mind. We created them as a tool for you to utilize, reference, and commune on as a valued member of the Campus Recreation Department. It is our hope that you will utilize these pages whenever you need an answer to a patron question, want to know when trainings and mandatory meetings are, want to develop as a professional and/or develop skills and certifications in a certain area.
Included in these pages are details about your job, reminders of our policies and procedures, expectations of your work, schedules, contact lists, and so much more. In short, these pages are for you to access anytime, anyplace. They are intended to keep you informed of our policies and procedures to help you do your job even better than you already do! Finally, these pages offer many opportunities for you to develop as a professional and a person - we hope you will take advantage of them!
- Campus Recreation Student Employee Manual
- Student Affairs Student Employee Evaluation Rubric
- Media Response Plan Campus Recreation
- Title IX - Student Employee Resources Presentation
- Injury Report Form
- Incident Report Form
Mandatory Meetings: Campus Recreation Department
- Friday, January 11th, 1p-6p Supervisor Training SHE 417
- Sunday, January 13th, 1p-6p Campus Recreation Student Staff Training HSU Alumni Hall
- Sunday, April TBDth, 7:00p-9:00p Campus Recreation Student Staff Training TBD
Campus Recreation expects all staff to attend each mandatory department or program area meeting and training. Requests for excusal must be communicated to professional staff no less than two weeks prior to the meeting or training. Staff missing a mandatory meeting or training will receive 2 infractions. A doctors note must be submitted if missing a meeting due to illness
CPR/First Aid Resources
All Campus Recreation employees must be current with Adult CPR/AED/FA training. Check your status! When do you expire?
Campus Recreation Medical Certification Spreadsheet
CPR Training Dates
- Thursday February 28th, 2019 - 4:30pm - 6:30pm - SRC 205
- Thursday February 28th, 2019 - 7:00pm - 9:00pm - SRC 205
- Tuesday March 5th, 2019 - 4:30pm - 6:30pm - SRC 205
- Tuesday March 5th, 2019 - 7:00pm - 9:00pm - SRC 205
- Thursday March 7th, 2019 - 4:30pm - 6:30pm - SRC 205
- Thursday March 7th, 2019 - 7:00pm - 9:00pm - SRC 205
CPR Training Tools
The above registration must be completed PRIOR to attending your CPR/First Aid session and will take 2 hours to complete!
- CPR/First Aid Skill Review Website
- Red Cross First Aid App for your phone! Search keyword "Red Cross" to download.
DEEP (Developing Employee Excellence Program)
The Developing Employee Excellence Program (DEEP), is a development workshop series that has been designed for the Division of Student Affairs student employees. To submit an event happening on campus that you think could be a DEEP event, click here. All Student Affairs student employees are required to participate in DEEP. Please check on your status of completion on the attendance sheet below.
- DEEP Attendance - Must be completed by the last day of classes
- If a student fails to complete the requirements of DEEP by the deadlines set, they will receive a write up per missed event*
- Each student will be required to meet with their professional staff supervisor and additional consequences may be applied on a case by case basis
*Failure to meet DEEP requirements for 2 semesters may result in job termination. Graduating seniors who fail to complete DEEP requirements may forfeit a complimentary gym membership. Students with existing write ups may receive a WPIA or employment may be terminated.
- All students must attend one (1) DEEP approved event per semester