UNC Asheville Campus Recreaiton is committed to providing students the opportunity to form new sport and activity clubs. If you are interested in starting a new Sport Club, please refer to the following application guidelines. If you have questions please contact the Director of Campus Recreation, Brandon Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sport Club Application Process
A minimum number of participants must already be participating in the proposed activity. The following formula must be used:
Team Sports (volleyball, rugby, etc.)
- Minimum # = 1.5 times the number needed on the field/court (ex. Volleyball; 6 x 1.5 = 9 participants)
Individual Sports (karate, tennis, etc.)
- Minimum # = 5 participants
- A letter to the Director of Campus Recreation detailing the name of your club, main purpose and objective of your club, facilities required, equipment needed/used, and any other relevant information as is pertains to the overall operation of you club
- A complete membership roster including club officers
- A club constitution (example)
- Meet with the Director of Campus Recreation to review the proposal and determine whether the activity can be accommodated with the facilities and is safe and appropriate for UNC Asheville.
- Once the Director approves of proposal, it will be presented to the Sport Club Council for the final decision.