The Sport Club Council (SCC) aids and advises club representatives in administering the Sport Club Program. The council exists to promote participation in the program and its primary objective is to provide a platform for the exchange of information regarding the Sport Club guidelines and procedures.
Sport Club Council Meetings and Workshops
The Sport Club Council will meet first, followed by specific sport club officer workshops. Each club needs to have an officer present at these meetings and workshops. Sport Club Council & Workshop Dates for Fall 2017 will be announced soon.
- Sport club practices are held by each individual club at different venues and spaces on and off campus. Students are encouraged to contact each club before attending any practices as club officers may cancel practices without prior notice to these postings. Other university events and reservations may require club practices to be held in different locations or change dates as well.
The Sport Club Council will consist of one representative from each Sport Club. Each club's representative will attend monthly SCC meetings and report back to the club. The council will meet monthly and members are encouraged to bring/propose new ideas and agenda items to continue the growth of the Sport Club program.
Additional duties include:
- Provide direction for the implementation of new program policies and procedures
- Act as a liaison between the members of the Sport Club program and University Administration
- Conduct disciplinary hearings as needed
- Review membership applications for new Sport Club teams/activities
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance for Sport Club membership
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Campus Recreation