The Wilma M. Sherrill Center opened August of 2011 and is home to a portion of Campus Recreation, UNC Asheville Athletics, University Enterprises, the Health and Wellness Academic Department, and the North Carolina Center for Health and Wellness. The center is designed to serve the health and wellness needs of the State of North Carolina though its housed on the campus of UNC Asheville. To find out more about the center and its mission, goals, priorities, and services visit the Sherrill Center online.
The Campus Recreation Fitness Room is located on the third level of the Sherrill Center. This room houses a variety of cardiovascular equipment (Lifefitness, Precor, and Stairmaster), selectorized equipment (Atlantis, Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, Hoist and Cybex), free weights, benches, racks, mats and other fitness equipment for general use.
Members can enjoy cardio theatre either through personal viewing screens on the treadmills or four flat screen tvs.
Fitness Room Rules
(All rules will be enforced by Campus Recreation Staff)
- No one under the age of 16 is allowed in the Fitness Room or to participate in group fitness classes.
- Shirts (covering torso and back) and shorts/sweatpants must be worn at all times.
- No jeans or khakis.
- Appropriate athletic footwear required. No open toed or open heeled shoes. Examples of inappropriate footwear include but not limited to sandals, flip flops and barefeet.
- No food allowed in the fitness room. Drinks in closed, re-sealable plastic containers are permitted.
- Alcohol and tobacco products as well as profanity are prohibited and will not be tolerated.
- Patrons are expected to follow good hygiene practices and be mindful of strong perfumes, colognes, and deodorants.
- All bags, jackets, keys, and other personal items must be stored in the cubbies or lockers.
- Patrons must re-rack all dumbbells and plates after using them and return all other accessories (i.e., collars, medicine balls, etc) to their proper location.
- Do not drop weights at any time.
- Equipment may not be removed from the Fitness Room.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. Found items maybe turned in at the Customer Service Desk.
The misuse of any piece of equipment or violation of these rules may result in immediate expulsion by Campus Recreation Staff.