To best meet the needs of our students and campus community, Campus Recreation facilities, classes, and activities, will only be available for currently registered students, faculty, and staff. OLLI, Alumni, Spouses/Dependents, and Affiliate members, as well as Guests, can find more information by visiting COVID-19 Modifications.
Need gear for your next adventure but don’t want to buy it? As a service to the UNC Asheville community, Outdoor Programs rents a variety of quality outdoor equipment at an affordable price to help aid in your next outdoor adventure. Gear is available to all UNC Asheville students, faculty and staff. Our staff can also recommend great local camping, hiking, backpacking, climbing, biking, and paddling locations around Western North Carolina.
Don’t see the gear you want? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what gear you’re interested in renting.
Fall 2021 Outdoor Office and Rental Information
For Fall 2021 beginning August 30th, rentals are available for weekends only, by reservation. Complete the Outdoor Gear Rental Request Form to reserve your pickup time on Fridays, and set your time to return your gear on Mondays. Reservations are required for all rentals, and are not confirmed until you are contacted by an employee of outdoor programs. We suggest that you make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance to ensure the availability of your intended rental. Rentals can be made with check or cash, with exact change only.
How to Reserve a Rental This Semester:
- Complete the Outdoor Gear Rental Request Form (for camping gear) or the Bike Rental and Repair Request Form (for bike rentals and repair).
- You will be contacted by an Outdoor Programs Employee, who will confirm your reservation time and the availability of your desired rental.
- Arrive to the SRC (if you’re renting other outdoor gear) at your scheduled time.
– Make sure to bring exact change to cover any rental fees.
– Don’t forget to wear your face covering!
- Sign your rental form, pick up your gear, and have a great weekend!
- When it’s time to return your gear, please arrive at your scheduled appointment time to the SRC or Bike Shop.
- Return your gear with the Outdoor Program Staff.
- Come back again to rent for next weekend!
Fall and Spring Outdoor Office Hours:
Campus Recreation Outdoor Programs is opening our Fall semester Monday August 30th, 2021.
- Monday and Friday 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. by reservation only.
- Expect the rental process to take at least 15 minutes. Cash or Check only (exact change required).
Gear can only be rented or returned during the Outdoor Office’s open hours. Any gear returned outside of these hours will be subject to standard late fees until the renter can return when the office is open.
Equipment Rental Forms & Resources
Stop by Student Recreation Center 204, or call 828.250.3828 to learn more.