How do I come on a trip?
Step 1: Register
- Option A: Register Online
- Option B: Come see us in the Outdoors Office (SRC 204, noon – 4 p.m. Monday – Friday)
- Once you’ve registered, you will receive a confirmation email from Outdoor Programs Trip Staff.
Step 2: Pay
- Make payment to seal the deal! Payment is due in full by your trip’s registration deadline.
- Use credit card online only. Cash or check are accepted in the Outdoors Office.
- All cancellations subject to non-refundable $5 administrative fee.
Step 3: Complete Forms
- Complete the required participant trip forms, before your trip date.
- Health History forms are completed online through registration!
What if I don’t have the gear?
All essential technical gear and equipment is supplied. We do ask that you provide your own lunch and activity-appropriate clothing. Other than that we’ve got you covered!
Who will be leading the trip and how qualified are they?
UNC Asheville students facilitate most trips. In order to be a head trip leader, staff must have completed a Wilderness First Responder course and successfully completed the semester-long trip leadership program.
What if I’ve never done this before?
Perfect! Let us introduce you to a new outdoor adventure sport. You’re the person we want to take outside. Trust us; it’s not as bad as you think!