How do I register to go on a trip?
Step 1: Register
- Option A: Register Online through the registration system.
- Option B: Come see us in the Outdoors Office during open hours
- Once you’ve registered, you will receive a confirmation email from Outdoor Programs Trip Staff
Step 2: Pay
- Make payment to seal the deal! Payment is due in full by your trip’s registration deadline.
- Use credit card online only when you register. Cash or check are accepted in the Outdoors Office.
- All cancellations subject to non-refundable $5 administrative fee.
Step 3: Complete Forms
- Complete the required participant trip forms, before your trip date.
- Health History forms are completed online through registration!
What if I don’t have the gear?
All essential technical gear and equipment is supplied. We do ask that you provide your own lunch/snacks/water and activity-appropriate clothing. Other than that we’ve got you covered!
Who leads these trips and programs?
Outdoor Programs trip leaders are UNC Asheville students who have completed an intensive Outdoor Leadership Training Program, hold current CPR and wilderness medical certifications, and are approved to lead trips and programs by the Assistant Director for Outdoor Programs. Our trainings, standards, policies, and procedures meet or exceed industry-wide standards! (Interested in training to become a leader? The training program is open to anyone! Check out our Outdoor Leadership Training Program page).
What if I’ve never done this before?
Perfect! Let us introduce you to a new outdoor adventure sport. You’re the person we want to take outside. We all start somewhere!