As a UNC Asheville Student, Faculty, or Staff, you automatically have access to all programs and facilities by using your RockyCard! With your membership, you’ll have access to group exercise classes, a 6-lane swimming pool, multipurpose and racquetball courts, a cardio and weight fitness room, an indoor track, locker rooms, and more.
September 1, 2023 Membership Update
Paid memberships for individuals affiliated with UNC Asheville will soon become available over a scheduled roll-out period. Please see the schedule for membership sales and the eligible membership categories below.
We appreciate the patience of all interested parties as we roll out these memberships over the following months. In order to accommodate an expected large influx of patrons, while still aiming to provide quality support and services, we have planned for this schedule to allow us time to properly welcome each group back into our spaces.
October 1, 2023
- Household Affiliate (Spouse/Dependent) of a current UNC Asheville Student, Faculty, or Staff.
- Campus Partner (Chartwells & Follett)
November 1, 2023
- UNC Asheville Alumni
- UNC Asheville Retiree
December 1, 2023
- OLLI Members
January 8, 2024
- Forest Service at UNC Asheville
- AB Tech – Pool access only
Membership prices will be published in advance of each date.
- UNC Asheville Campus Recreation operates collegiate recreational facilities, and therefore our hours of operation and services are limited to what we can provide with student employment availability and the academic calendar. Therefore, operational hours and services may not always reflect specific “industry standards” that other recreational facilities and gyms may. We are grateful for your understanding.
- Effective October 1st, all membership payments will be cashless. Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and Apple Pay will be accepted at the Student Recreation Center front desk.
- The following is a general overview of the procedure to receive membership.
- Once your prospective members will fill out an eligibility verification form, where information necessary to verify your membership type will be collected.
- Upon verification, you will receive an email to complete your UNCA Campus Rec account. This must be completed before you may purchase a membership.
- Upon creating your account, you may purchase your membership via credit card at the Student Recreation Center front desk.
- You will be notified directly regarding obtaining a UNCA RockyCard for identification and facility access. The steps for receiving this card will vary depending on your membership type.
- Memberships will be sold at a semesterly rate (Fall, Summer, and Spring). Annual memberships will run based on the calendar year, and therefore will only be available for purchase in January and February.
- As memberships are rolled out throughout the Fall 2023 semester, rates will be prorated based on the first day the membership is made available to purchase.