UNC Asheville Campus Recreation hosts an American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor course once a year open to anyone who meets the prerequisites. The training prepares instructor candidates by developing their understanding of how to use the course materials and methods, how to conduct training sessions and how to evaluate participants' progress.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Courses
Course Certifies Participants to Instruct
- Lifeguard Training
- Shallow Water Attendant Training
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Lifeguard Management
- Bloodeborne Pathogens - Preventing Disease Transmission
- Community Water Safety
- Basic Water Rescue
- Be at least 17 years of age by the last scheduled session of the instructor course.
- Pass each section of the pre-course written exam with a score of 80 percent.
- Demonstrate competency in the skills evaluation.
- Complete all required online pre-course work and bring certificate to first day of class.
- Bring a copy of current ARC Lifeguard certification
Upcoming Full Certification Lifeguard Class Schedule
|Saturday, February 3rd, 2018||10 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Sunday, February 4th, 2018||10 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Saturday, February 11th, 2018||10 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Sunday, February 12th, 2018||10 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
Course price: OneCard Holders: $350, Community Members: $400
To participate in the course, you must be registered. Register for the lifeguard instructor class.
Course length is 20 hours with 10 hours of required at home online course work. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Recreation members are required to follow all parking regulations set forth by the UNC Asheville Department of Public Safety. This includes but is not limited to parking in the correct lots and spaces. The Campus Recreation Department is not responsible for tickets incurred by members.