Interested in a great summer job or career in aquatics? UNC Asheville Campus Recreation hosts a number of Lifeguard Certification courses throughout the year open to anyone who meets the prerequisites. Through videos, group discussion and hands-on practice, you'll learn teamwork, rescue and surveillance skills. Additionally, you will be trained in First Aid, Lifeguarding and CPR/AED along with other skills you need to work as a professional lifeguard.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Courses
- 2-year American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED certifications
- 2-year American Red Cross Lifeguarding certification
- Be at least 15 years old at the beginning of the course.
- Swim 300 yards continuously using each of the following strokes for at least 100 yards each: crawl, breaststroke.
- Swim 20 yards using front crawl or breast stroke; surface dive to a depth of 7-10 feet; bring a 10-pound diving brick to the surface; and swim back with the brick holding it with both hands while keeping one's face above water (timed 1:40)
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
Upcoming Full Certification Lifeguard Class Schedule
|Friday, March 23rd, 2018||4 p. m. - 8 p. m.|
|Saturday, March 24th, 2018||10 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Sunday, March 25th, 2018||10 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
Sorry but this class is full. The next class will be fall semester 2018 with no exact date determined.
OneCard holders and current UNCA students pay $200. Community members pay $215. Course length is 36 hours including online work. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Recreation members are required to follow all parking regulations set forth by the UNC Asheville Department of Public Safety. This includes but is not limited to parking in the correct lots and spaces. The Campus Recreation Department is not responsible for tickets incurred by members.