Spring 2017 Sport Leagues
Leagues Sports have a 3-6 week season with 4 regular season games, and 1 guaranteed playoff game
Each team must have at least one team representative at the team captain's meeting for each league sport
Captain's Meeting: Thursday, January 26, 5 p.m., Sherrill Center 406
- Registration Deadline: January 26
- Divisions: Corec, Women's, Men's
5v5 InnerTube Water Polo
Captain's Meeting: Thursday, February 9, 5 p.m., Sherrill Center 406
- Registration Deadline: February 9
- Divisions: Corec
8v8 Outdoor Soccer
Captain's Meeting: Thursday, March 23, 5 p.m., Sherrill Center 406
- Registration Deadline: March 23
- Divisions: Men's, Women's, Corec
3v3 Indoor Volleyball
Captain's Meeting: Thursday, April 6, 5 p.m., Sherrill Center 406
- Registration Deadline: April 6
- Divisions: Open Competitive, Open Recreational
Single Day Tournaments
One Day Events
- Slam Dunk and 3 Point Contest: Thursday, January 26, 8 p.m.
- Table Tennis Tournament: Wednesday, February 22, 7 p.m., Highsmith Game Room
- Cornhole Tournament: Wednesday, March 29, 7 p.m. Quad
- Tennis Tournament: Registration Deadline April 19; Tournament: Saturday, April 22, 11a.m
Residence Hall Championship Cup
The Residence Hall Championship Cup is intended to promote friendly rivalries, encourage good sportsmanship and participation, and reward success. Residence Halls will accrue points throughout the entire school year. You can earn points three different ways: 1) by registering and showing up for your games, 2) winning games, and 3) by participating in preseason games. The winning teams will receive an award determined by the IM sports staff and will have their organization’s name displayed on campus championship cup.
Each Residence Hall will have one co-rec team registered for each team sport. Residents can register to play on the Residence Hall team by logging into imleagues.com and clicking on the sport they want to play, the co-rec league and the join team button. If residents want to create a men’s, women’s, or additional co-rec team they may do so by clicking create team and including the Residence Hall in the team name.
- Eligibility: Team members are subject to established Intramural Sports eligibility guidelines. If you are unsure of the current guidelines, please read our Intramural Handbook. A team is eligible for Challenge Cup points if 60% of participants currently live in the residence hall. All teams interested in participating in the Challenge Cup must have its organization’s name somewhere in the team name. All participants must be currently enrolled at UNC Asheville and have a valid OneCard.
- Divisions: Challenge Cup points will be tracked for men’s, women’s, co-rec, and open leagues.
- Participation Points:
If a team forfeits or defaults a game they will deducted 5 points per team per forfeit. For single-day events, if an individual or team does not show up to the event, no points will be awarded.
- League Participation:50 points/team (Fall 2016: indoor volleyball, flag football, and indoor soccer)
- One Day Tournament Participation: 25 points/team (Fall 2016: kickball, dodgeball, 3v3 basketball)
- Individual Sports entry = 5 points/person (Fall 2016:Billiards, Racquetball, and Fantasy Football)
- Pre-Season/Training Participation= 25 points/team
- RA Team Participation= 5 points/person. For any Intramural League or event, a team of RAs may earn 5 individual points for their hall.
- Final Playoff Standing Points:
Overall 1st place = 20 points
Overall 2nd place = 10 points
Overall 3rd Place = 5 points
- Final Regular Season Standing Points (Team Sports):
Overall 1st place = 10 points
Overall 2nd place = 5 points
Overall 3rd place = 3 points
Disciplinary meeting required: -10 points
Team disqualification due to sportsmanship: -20 points
Forfeits: -5 points
Each Hall must have a Hall Captain- This person will be the point person for the IM staff to contact. Teams throughout the year can designate a specific team captain for each sport on imleagues. Someone from each team MUST attend the mandatory captain’s meeting if participating in league sports. Residence Hall Teams will not be charged forfeit fees