Campus Recreation will begin Phase 2.5 modified hours beginning on Monday, January 11th. Access will continue to be limited to current students, faculty, and staff, and appointments will be required for use of all programs, including the Fitness Center. Please visit Spring 2021 Programs & Services for the most up-to-date information regarding Spring 2021 Campus Recreation facilities and programs. Remember, appointments are required for all classes, programs, and facility use through our scheduling app!
To best meet the needs of our students and campus community, Campus Recreation facilities, classes and activities, will only be available for currently registered students, faculty, and staff. OLLI, Alumni, Spouses/Dependents, and Affiliate members, as well as Guests, can find more information by visiting our current restricted access policies. The Karl Strauss Track will have limited access from Dawn until 10:00 a.m. each morning for both UNC Asheville and the broader Asheville community. After 10:00 a.m., the track will be closed to the public. UNC Asheville Outdoor fields are not available for public use at any time. This public schedule will allow the university to move its campus recreation and some intercollegiate athletic operations outdoors throughout the day.
SRC & Sherrill Information & Service Desk
Monday – Friday; 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday; 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Regular Fall and Spring Semester Hours
These hours are not currently in effect. Please view up to date facility hours at our Spring 2021 Available Programs and Hours.
Student Recreation Center and Sherrill Center Fitness Room
- Monday – Thursday 6:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Friday 6:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 a.m.; Noon – 1:30 p.m.; 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Tuesday & Thursday Noon – 1:30 p.m.; 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday Noon – 3 p.m.
- Monday – Friday 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday Closed
Outdoor Gear Rentals (SRC 204)
- Monday – Friday 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Disc Golf Course
- Dusk to Dawn
Outdoor Track (Straus Track) and Intramural Field
- Dusk to Dawn (Lights are available for scheduled programs)
Residential Fitness Centers (Governor’s Hall & Chestnut)
- 24 hours (Available to residents who live on-campus)