Visit Fall 2020 Programs & Services for the most up-to-date information regarding the reopening of Campus Recreation facilities and classes! Please note that reservations are required for all classes, programs, and facility use.
To best meet the needs of our students and campus community, Campus Recreation facilities, classes and activities, will only be available for currently registered students, faculty, and staff. OLLI, Alumni, Spouses/Dependents, and Affiliate members, as well as Guests, can find more information by visiting our current restricted access policies. The Karl Strauss Track will have limited access from Dawn until 10:00 a.m. each morning for both UNC Asheville and the broader Asheville community. After 10:00 a.m., the track will be closed to the public. UNC Asheville Outdoor fields are not available for public use at any time. This public schedule will allow the university to move its campus recreation and some intercollegiate athletic operations outdoors throughout the day.
Hours as of August 25th, 2020
SRC Information & Service Desk
Monday – Friday; 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday; 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Regular Fall and Spring Semester Hours
These hours are not currently in effect. Please view up to date facility hours at Available Programs and Hours.
Student Recreation Center and Sherrill Center Fitness Room
- Monday – Thursday 6:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Friday 6:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 a.m.; Noon – 1:30 p.m.; 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Tuesday & Thursday Noon – 1:30 p.m.; 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday Noon – 3 p.m.
- Monday – Friday 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday Closed
Outdoor Gear Rentals (SRC 204)
- Monday – Friday 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Disc Golf Course
- Dusk to Dawn
Outdoor Track (Straus Track) and Intramural Field
- Dusk to Dawn (Lights are available for scheduled programs)
Residential Fitness Centers (Governor’s Hall & Chestnut)
- 24 hours (Available to residents who live on-campus)