The Bike Shop is closed for Winter Break and will reopen on Monday 1/13 at 1 p.m.
Rental & Repairs
The UNC Asheville Bike Shop offers bike rentals and free maintenance to all students, faculty, and staff. As an educational shop, expect to stay with your bike during the repair. Our mission is to teach you the skills and know-how to perform your own maintenance in the future. Trained student bike mechanics will be on-hand to assist you with all of your bicycling maintenance needs. Some services, depending on the complexity of the maintenance request and/or if new parts are required, may take longer or require a nominal fee.
Location & Hours
The Bike Shop is located at the very bottom of Highsmith Union down the stairs past the free store.
- Open: Monday - Friday: 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Closed: Saturdays, Sundays and Breaks
Questions? Contact the shop during business hours at 828.232.5178 or email email@example.com.
Prevent Bike Theft
- Register your bike. Take 10 minutes in the shop to get a bike ID number decal that will be on record with the shop and campus police. Mechanics will also record the manufacturer's ID number from the bike frame. Should your bike ever go missing, this can help authorities in tracking it down and reclaiming it.
- Always lock your bike. Ask a mechanic to show you the proper way to lock up your bike.
- Report missing bikes. Contact Campus Police immediatley in Weizenblatt Hall or call 828.251.6710.
Campus Fix-it Stand
When the Bike Shop is closed you can visit the Dero Fix-it Stand on the UNC Asheville Campus, located next to Zeis Hall, across from the city bus stop. You can also find other fix-it stands around Asheville.
The fix-it stand includes all the tools necessary to perform basic repairs and maintenance, from changing a flat tire to adjusting brakes and derailleurs. The tools and air pump are all attached for your use. Hanging the bike from the hanger arms allows the pedals and wheels to spin freely while making adjustments.