UNC Asheville's swimming pool is a 6-lane, 25-yard pool located on the lower level of the Student Recreation Center. The pool is home to Campus Recreation programs and the UNC Asheville Women's Swim Team. Lap swim and open recreation swim times are available to current Onecard and Recreation pass-holders only. The pool may also be reserved by organizations or groups.
COVID-19 Update: Justice Pool will be closing Friday March 13th, 2020 at 5pm. The Sherrill Fitness Room will remain open Monday - Friday from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. and from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. Weekend hours are 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. All other recreation facilities are closed and all fitness classes and programs are cancelled through April 6th.
Regular Hours -
- Mon., Wed., and Fri.: 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 a.m.
- Mon. – Fri.: Noon – 1:30 p.m.; 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Sat. and Sun.: Noon – 3 p.m.
Reduced Hours - Spring Break 2020
- Mon. – Fri.: Noon – 1:30 p.m.
* Hours subject to change during academic and holiday breaks. Please visit Hours of Operation for complete schedule and updates.
- No children younger than 4 years old are permitted in the pool.
- Children ages 4-15 must be supervised by parent/guardian at all times.
- Infants and toddlers must wear appropriate attire and diapers at all times.
- Pool use requires the use of approved swimming diapers.
- If child is wearing a floatation device, it must be U.S. Coast Guard Approved and must have a parent/guardian within arm’s reach in the pool.
- Children ages 4-15 must pass swim test to swim without parent/guardian in the pool.
- Must be at least 16 years to be unsupervised in pool with dependent membership.