The Campus Recreation Bike Shop's last day to rent bikes is on Friday, April 25th. All Rentals due back by 5pm on Monday, April 28th.
Rentals and Repairs
The UNC Asheville Bike Shop offers bike rentals and free maintenance to all students, faculty and staff. However, this bike shop was established as a learning shop, so instead of dropping your bike off and paying someone else to fix it, plan on staying and learning to work on it yourself! Students trained in bike maintenance will be on hand to assist you with all of your bicycling maintenance needs. Some services, depending on the amount of damage to the bike and the parts required, will take longer than others and require a nominal fee.
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday: 12p.m. - 4p.m.
- Saturdays, Sundays and Summers: Closed
Located at the very bottom of Highsmith Union. Use the stairs, and look for the signs next to the free store.
The bike shop has a rental fleet of over 35 bikes. Each bike comes with a lock and helmet and can be checked out for up to a week at a time. Rentals are available to all UNC Asheville students, faculty and staff with OneCards. The best part is - commuter bikes are free!
|Equipment||Day Rate||Weekend (Friday-Monday)||Week (7-day Monday-Monday)||Daily Late Fee|
| Bicycle Lock
| Bicycle Helmet
Rent a Mountain Bike for free on Mondays!
The commuter fleet of bikes are available to all UNC Asheville students, staff and faculty, but especially for freshman and international students dependent on alternative forms of transportation. Need to get to the store? Hop on one of our commuter bikes and get on your way! It's free!
Prevent Bike Theft
- Register your bike. Take 10 minutes in the shop to get a bike ID number decal that will be on record with the shop and campus police. Mechanics will also record the manufacturer's ID number from the bike frame. Should your bike ever go missing, this can help authorities in tracking it down and reclaiming it.
- Always lock your bike. Ask a mechanic to show you the proper way to lock up your bike.
- Report missing bikes. Contact Campus Police immediatley in Vance Hall or call 828.251.6710.
Call the shop during business hours at 828.232.5178 or email email@example.com .
Bike Shop Rental Agreement
Bike Related Resources
- Interactive Bike Repair Map
- Regional Area Trails
- Local Area Trails
Last edited by firstname.lastname@example.org on April 14, 2014